Many great occurences since our last blog, including the good decision not to enjoy Prince, the drinker's, company in Delhi. And the poor choice to ride a bus through Punjab, India to McLeod Ganj.
We are living in McLeod Ganj now, teaching pre-advanced English at Lha. I am working at a free Tibetan nursery, Rogpa, in the morning. I was peed on today.
Some of my favorite things:
monkeys
prayer flags and colors and trees and fog
vegetarian havens
Tibetan hipsters
our rooftop overlooking the Himalayas
monks
Some of my least favorite things:
monkeys when they come in your room and steal things
wild packs of dogs, especially at five a.m. or walking home alone
no toilet paper anywhere
dodging cars continuously
can't eat salads or fruit (yet)
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wild packs of dogs are totes sweet. I would use my power to see through the eyes of animals, like in my semi-autobiographical film Beatmaster. Anyway I would become the pack leader, then use them as the swift transport for my growing army of monkey thieves. I would be the Jay-Z of dog ridding monkey bandits
ReplyDeletethat should read "Beastmaster"
ReplyDeleteglad you passed on prince! (whenever I hear him on the radio, I think of you all =)
ReplyDeletexoxox
Ladies, we are so glad you are all well and enjoying your trip. Sounds like the food is good, big surprise. We can not believe you are actually listening to the Dali Lama in person. What are the five nobel truths? Logan I know what you mean about the monkeys, I think they went through your room right before you left. Hope you can send some pictures soon? Do they have prayer flags like they do in Bhutan? Are you taking lots of photos so you can put a journal together for this trip? Take care and be safe and have fun, love Mom and Dad
ReplyDelete